7.22.2015

Photography as Shorthand

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then photography is the ultimate in shorthand efficiency. 
Granted, those thousand words can be left up to broad, varying interpretations, so it is not a perfect shorthand system.
However, as I learned from my work as a professional stenographer in the American legal system, black and white text can equally be left up to broad, varying interpretations. 

So, there you go.
The past few years I have gravitated towards photography, more than writing, as my preferred form of self-expression.
While I love to write and have been writing for as long as I can recall (I remember learning to write my name!), sometimes I feel that no words can capture what I want to express; and sometimes I don't want words to capture what I need to express. 
You can learn about these photos and find more of my work available as framed prints, product designs for clocks, tote bags, laptop skins, gadget cases and more in my Society6 store.
Thank You!

* Click Here to Donate and Support Eve's Blog *

Shop at Eve's Online Markets
 Distribly  *  eBay  *  PayLoadz  *  Society 6  *  Zazzle 

Visit Eve's Blogs

 Cosmic Pix  *  Fungus Rules 

Connect with Eve on Social Media

 Facebook  *  Flickr  *  G+  *  MySpace 
 PaperLi  *  Pinterest  *  Twitter  *  YouTube 

Contact Eve
 EvePenman-at-gmail-dot-com 

No comments: