Want Peace? Stuff Your Pie Hole
Is it just me, or with the passing of Marion Barry
is anyone else tempted to make a marionberry pie?
So with pie on the mind and a world of humans fighting, it got me wondering: Could pie help bring peace? As Egon would affirmatively reply: Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?
Mind you, I am not talking about world peace or a pie-bedazzled utopic dreamland where everyone gets along all the time. As if. I accept that, as a human and having observed humans all these years, humans are only capable of so much, and world peace is not something humankind has proven to be capable of at this juncture. However, that is not to say that peace, in and of itself, is unattainable. I know peace is possible in pocket-sized amounts, from my own experience; it is just that I do not expect to see peace on any grand scale, though I welcome being proven wrong.
So, while pie may not stop the unending conflicts of the world, pie may help bring peace amidst the unsettling problems that occur everyday in a household, in a relationship, in a family, in a business, or elsewhere.
|Be a hero, keep the peace.|
Think about it:
- There is the peace that comes with preparing the pie, since fussing in the kitchen is more productive than fussing with a man or other family members.
- There is the peace that comes from inhaling the pie's scent, so that the exhale is filled with thoughts of pie instead of moot political points.
- There is also the peace that comes with the pie being eaten, the ceremonial stuffing of the pie hole, which can reduce incessant chatter; minus the silent sounds of mastication that overly-alert ears like mine hear.
- Then, if you make your pies just right, there is the pie coma, wherein the pie-maker enjoys complete silence while the noise-makers unknowingly surrender in peace, until the next round.
- The peace that a pie creates may not last forever, but neither does a shower, so repeat often for best results.
- As well, a pie may not have the same peaceful impact on all humans, simply because that is how humans are, so proceed with caution.
What kind of pie, or other food item, do you plan to stuff into your mouth to keep the peace this Thanksgiving?
Leave a comment.
Happy cooking, eating, drinking, and passing out!
If You Want Peace Shut Your Pie Hole
Bumper Sticker by Eve @ ProseAndPix
Thank You for Stuffing Your Pie Hole!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *