I Don't Need Feminism...or Do I?

As a post-Women's Lib Gen-Xer, all I have ever been taught and shown by the world around me is that women can do anything and everything a man can do, at least legally speaking.

Here's the thought, though, that feminists forgot, or that got blocked by gatekeepers: Do I want to do everything? Who cares if I can do everything? Do I want to, as a woman of my own free will and volition, do everything and anything a man can do?

Let me think on that for a split second.

No! I absolutely do not want to do anything and everything a man can do. And why would I, or why should I? So that then I can be a man? Then, if I'm so manly that I can do it all myself, why would I want a man around since he can't do anything for me that I can't do myself? And why would a man want to be around me if I'm so manly; so that he can treat me like one of the guys? No, thank you.

Instead, what if, rather than trying to do anything and everything a man can do, I were to focus on becoming anything and everything a woman can be, considering that's what I am? Is that too crazy? I mean, how dare a woman not want to be a man, right? Right.

Not right.

This [ill]logic of feminism does amuse me, so much that I have taken it as a form of inspiration in creating new graphic designs for my online shops (links in sidebar); here are the four newest RedBubble stickers. What do you think?

Okay; so maybe I do need feminism...to inspire me to fight back against it!



Comments

POPULAR THIS WEEK:

What's Falling Out of the Sky on the Olympic Peninsula?

Speaking Out: Why Should Customers Pay for Promotional Products that Advertise a Business?

What You Don't Know About Sequim: Researching Small Towns in Washington State

Monsters and Miracles: Lessons in Gratitude from Elizabeth Smart

Where Do Tote Bags Come From? 45 New Totally Spectacular Tote Bags at Zazzle

How to Prepare for the Dump (in Port Angeles)

Seal Street Park in Sequim: Now on Google Maps

Finding the Good in Black Friday: Save Money & Shop at Home on TeePublic

15 Reasons to Get Rid of Stuff (When Preparing to Turn 40)

Comments Worth Reading from Blogger Enbrethiliel