Why So Syrias? People Shouldn't Worry About the Syria Airstrikes

Why should I get upset over President Trump's airstrikes on Syria?

I voted for the man and I knew he was not anti-war; how come others didn't? It's almost as funny as when Hillary supporters were shocked that Trump won; only now the joke is on Trump supporters. 
Granted, I am not thrilled with more waste and war -- just like I am not thrilled with many other things governments do that I have no say in -- but I am not surprised, not in the least.

Not only that, but I am not as upset over it as I would have been in the past; most likely because I am not paying a federal income tax since I don't make enough. 

Therefore, since I am not knowingly funding the war nor enlisted in it, I have no good reason to let my blood pressure rise over it when plenty of other things that impact me daily elevate my blood pressure enough as it is. Please, spare me the arguments about how cash supports war efforts through inflation; grocery stores don't take bitcoin out here, so just shut it.

Yes, it is disgusting to think about billions of dollars being spent to bomb people in other countries rather than using the money to help people in America, but that is how earmarked money works. I loathe it with such passion, yet that is always the reasoning that is given to me as to why money can't be used to help people...because that is not the intended purpose of that money, therefore it will not be used for such a cause. Well played, congress.

Still, as disgusting as earmarked funds are, I am even more disgusted by the fact that there are American citizens in Washington State, some with high school diplomas, being paid $11 an hour to do basic jobs, yet are still unable to push in their chairs or pick up after themselves, as is evidenced in a typical employee breakroom when breaks end.

I can sense the confusion already: What in the world does pushing in chairs and picking up after one's self have to do with President Trump's airstrikes? This is what:

Making America great does not begin with a president; it never has and it never will. Again, something I knew when I voted for Trump.

It does not matter what the president is doing when it is the people -- the individuals -- who are unable to handle making life better for themselves on their own.

This is why I say that pushing in one's chair and picking up after one's self wherever one goes is what makes life -- and America! -- great, not only for the individual but for anyone impacted by such acts.

Think on it: How many people come behind you each day? How many of those people could be impacted for the better by having one less thing to do that is not their responsibility if your mess wasn't left for them to pick up? Just think on it for at least a minute.

Now, here is the kicker: The president -- whether it be Barry, Hillary, or Donny -- has absolutely 100% nothing to do with you choosing to pick up after yourself. It is your choice and yours alone. Therefore, when you choose not to pick up after yourself, you are choosing not to be great and you are choosing not to make America great. 

It is not President Trump who is making things worse by not picking up after you. You are making things worse for you and others by not picking up after you. So don't worry about what Trump is doing; worry about what you are doing.

This is why I am not upset over President Trump's airstrikes on Syria; it's also why I think people should not condemn the man so quickly when they can't handle pushing in their chairs, cleaning up their messes, or handling their own lives without expecting someone else -- the government! -- to do the work for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees by Eve: Pacific Northwest Tree Photography on Instagram

15 Reasons to Get Rid of Stuff (When Preparing to Turn 40)