Skip to main content

Girl Goals & Homemaking Life Lessons in Anti-Housewife America

Q: What should I be when I grow up, mommy? A: In control of your home, dear. (Memes by Eve: Girl Goals @ imgflip)Q: What should I be when I grow up, Mommy?

A: In control of your home, dear.

A woman who has a husband/family at home and is out of her home for multiple hours at a time making money does not have control of her home she has denial.

If a woman doesn’t know how to clean her home, or know where things are at in her home, or can’t find what she is looking for when she needs it, those are all signs that she has no control and she is lost in her own home; which means that she is only empowered outside the home and that is not real empowerment – that is false advertising!

Even if a woman is out of her home all day and can afford to pay others to manage her house, she still doesn’t have controlthe people doing the work have control more than she does, only she’s in denial and doesn’t know it!

I used to be one of those women; I was raised to think that working outside the home was where women are supposed to be, because that’s what I saw around me in real life and in popular culture.

Working outside the home is what ‘everyone’ has been programmed to expect of women since the 1970s, and that is exactly what girls are taught at school by women teachers who aren't housewives; expecting girls to be encouraged to become housewives from teachers who work outside the home is like expecting a bear to give birth to a fish -- that's not how it works!

So once I became a full-time housewife after decades of schooling, working for others, and being self-employed, I finally realized that women do nothing different outside the home that they can’t do for themselves inside the home.

The only difference is that women are treated much worse when they work for others, and that's why they would be better off staying home; of course, if women get empowered from being physically misused and emotionally abused by strangers, coworkers, and bosses, or if they like being the abusers themselves, then they can have it, but I don't want it any more – I'll take the dishes and let my husband handle the dirty work!

I’ve been a ruthless boss lady and it’s not fun to do the firing when women subordinates don’t want to do their equal share of work or show up on time to earn their paycheck when it’s required of them in their job description; but I’ve done it because that’s what real business is about – being ruthless when you have to be for the sake of the business – and I’ve learned plenty from my personal experiences.

I've learned that it comes down to pride and willpower, and what it is that women want to have pride in – their homes or their careers. Not every woman has the willpower or the financial capabilities to sustain both a home and a career successfully on their own, proven by the astounding divorce rates of women who work in America, of which I've met many; and it makes me wonder:
If a woman had to make a choice that she could only be successful in one place, which place would she choose to dedicate herself to the best of her abilities for the rest of her life – her home or her office? 
The irony is that a home is typically in a woman’s life longer than an office; just go ask retired women where they live – at home and not the office! LOL.

That's why modern women need to open their minds to the idea of having an open mind about homemaking and the intrinsic value only they can provide as dedicated homemakers. 

Women's minds must stretch beyond the status quo programming they have been fed their entire lives from family, friends, and popular culture; and they must be willing to challenge their own outdated views in order to gain a new perspective about homemaking in 21st Century America where 'housewife' has become a dirtier word than 'feminist'.

Not only do women need to re-learn to appreciate the role of the homemaker, but young girls need to know that homemaking is a full-time occupation that is just as important as earning a taxable income.

Young girls are being denied the truth about homemaking which has nothing to do with being controlled by a man, when it's working women who are the ones being controlled by male bosses, male business owners, and the worst men of all – governMENt! 

Girls are the ones who suffer the most by being taught that work is the only place where women belong, and by not having mothers around to care for them or teach them how to care for a home when they grow up to be women.

Future husbands later suffer as a consequence of what girls aren't taught at home, along with future children who learn the cycle anew by watching their parents go through it, or watching their unwed/divorced mother go through it alone and learning by example that being alone is the best way to get through life – and all because a modern woman won't do the one thing she fears the most, which is being a devoted housewife to a good man who wants her at home!

While I don't speak for all women, I do speak for myself based on what I have learned as a full-time worker and a full-time housewife in anti-housewife America. 

I've learned that not all women have performed both roles of being the breadwinner and a housewife in that order, but I have; that's why I can now come out of the working-class closet and openly declare that I totally love not working for others; and I would absolutely not hesitate to let young girls and modern women know that a homemaker has more control over her life than a working woman ever will: As a dedicated housewife, I am now in control of my home and my daily routine more than I ever was in the working world where I was forcefully controlled by uncontrollable business regulations and aloof business owners who never pay women what ‘everyone’ knows women are truly worth – we're priceless!

(Memes by Eve: Girl Goals @ imgflip)

Popular posts from this blog

The Problem With TCM's Closed Captions and How To Fix It (For DISH Customers!)

Captioning Service 1 is the DISH default; switching it to 0 (zero) works with TCM captions. I don't want my MTV any more, but I do want my captions, especially on TCM where old movies are full of fuzzy sounds, funny accents, and mumbling voices -- and thanks be to the stenographers who make it possible! However, the past few months TCM's captions have not been as consistent and it made me question if they stopped captions altogether since all the other channels still had captions. The good news is TCM didn't do away with captions, but the Captioning Service setting did change without any word given to DISH customers or TCM viewers, at least not to this one. Scroll to the end to read the solution for DISH customers, or keep reading for my rhetorical digression: Gee, if only there was a way to inform paying customers of changes like this? For all the useless information TCM hosts spew, they could at least give some useful information since their captions are th

How I’m Saving Over $700 a Year by Shopping at Costco (Blue Collar Home Economics for Beginners)

Q: What’s the best way to save money when shopping at Costco? A: Buy items that are used every day! The more an item is used, the more that item is needed; therefore, if the most used items in a house are bought in bulk (at Costco or any warehouse club store), the more money it will save. I did a cost analysis on three food items that are used 5 to 7 days a week in my home and I was amazed at the findings when I compared the cost for the items in bulk to purchasing the items in smaller quantities; namely lunch cheese, coffee, and lunch meat. Please keep in mind that prices can vary by location and if there are weekly specials; the information I’m presenting is based on the prices listed on my receipts where I live, the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Lunch Cheese: In December of 2019 we started purchasing the 2.5lb block of Tillamook Pepper Jack Cheese at Costco for my husband’s lunches that he has five days a week, instead of the 7.5oz packages of sliced Sargento

Kinky Kicks, Disgraceful Dames, & Hollywood Hypocrisy! My 10-star Movie Review of 'Smarty' from 1934

My 10-star review on IMDb.com of ‘Smarty’ from 1934 , starring Joan Blondell, Warren William, Edward Everett Horton, Frank McHugh, and Claire Dodd:  Kinky Kicks, Disgraceful Dames, & Hollywood Hypocrisy! Marriage and divorce lawyers take a bigger beating in this movie than Joan Blondell does, and if a single slap on the face equates to domestic violence then people don't know what domestic violence really is! There is more violence against women in modern movies than there is in this film, yet people are now programmed to believe that it's acceptable for women to get beaten so long as it isn't by their husbands! Please, go sit through 'True Romance' and watch Patricia Arquette take a bloody beating from James Gandolfini if you think 'Smarty' is violence against women. Even 'Goodfellas' has more marital violence, yet both AMC & IFC can't stop showing it which tells me that reckless violence against women is the status quo per th